Friday, November 16, 2012

Where can you find traditional service? Mongolia


Hospitality is a word, gathered in many cultures. I've heard that the country known for their hospitality and visit the place where I felt the humiliation have more than welcome. It can be almost impossible to get along with people because of the way I look like (often Caucasian), and beyond that can lead to a feeling that people carry my hard earned money instead of hospitality. It is an interesting point, it is certainly an argument in favor of English hospitality is really not worth much in the face of our overseas activities, both modern and historical. However, Mongolia, they say, it is unique in its culture of hospitality.
Gran capital Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia hospitality is lost. The last remnants of the old tradition of the older generation, accelerate like holding replaced by the pace of life and social customs such as cookware. But after escaping from the city's clear that Ulanbaatar is actually an island in the sea of ​​tradition and warmth, even when (and because) the harsh winters and scorching summer desert.
After four months of traveling around the different areas of Mongolia began to feel that, even though I know this place is a varied and interesting to be entitled to make a quick comment about something very small in a very large space. There are too many to even discuss a fraction of an exceptional hospitality, while I'm on my way so instead I will explain the rules.

If you're tired, hot, cold, feeling thirsty or hungry, it's perfectly acceptable to open the door to the next ger (yurt) (Mongolian home) and step inside. If no one at home is normal to bed and sleep until the owner returned home. Instead, uninvited guest, the milk price more products than I do. One nipple before the question of whether they needed a place to stay for the night can shake or dinner It would be rude to try to pay for any of the above, even a small gift (and sometimes not so small) spread gracefully accepted by the family's home. Based I imagine a distribution to a child has the best performance as a child of our own system corruption.
This is so amazingly generous sometimes to the point that the guests feel a little uncomfortable, it makes sense. There is no other way to travel through a large country like Mongolia, about the people you know and trust grabbed his hand. However, Mongolia is not really chancing anything. It is fed, watered and protected from anyone in the field and that's a fact.
I think my perspective on hospitality in the UK and has now changed his absence. Of course there are many things that can be learned from the ancient civilization of Mongolia. However, when I and a group of aliens that are discussed in the dirt and stinking than three weeks hiking, sleeping in my bed to take home, I would certainly not give them dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment